Lavazza Company is the world's largest producer of espresso coffee.
The business has remained family owned for four generations after its foundation in 1895. Since then, the business has grown to employ more than 3,800 people in over 90 countries. In 2015, Lavazza coffee sales exceeded € 1.47 billion!
Running a business of this scope requires a team of specially trained mobile workers whose duties include:
- Supplying clients with Lavazza products
- Introducing all of Lavazza's new products to retailers
- Delivering and installing promotional materials at clients' selling locations
- Repairing coffee machines
- Collecting orders from clients
- Creating photo repositories
- Compiling information from the clients
This highly demanding job requires superb coordination between all team members and regular communication with the back office managers. Because of this, the precision of the data collected at the points of sale and an open flow of information were the top concerns for every individual involved in the Lavazza field sales, service, and delivery process.
Because reps are responsible for documenting all of these activities on the go, using paper forms to collect data became far too time-consuming - both for the field team and its managers.
Lavazza needed a field activity management solution that would allow for powerful, simple data collection for reps and real-time communication with managers.
How Repsly Addressed the Challenge
Repsly was able to address all of the concerns mentioned above, providing Lavazza a solution that made both employees’ and managers’ jobs easier.
Repsly contains a series of features that enabled mobile workers to automate tasks previously completed manually, saving time and energy for everyone involved.
Using the intuitive Repsly mobile app, Lavazza's mobile workers now have the ability to:
- easily gather multiple types of orders
- fill out custom forms (prepared by their managers for each task)
- take photos of retail locations
- correspond with their managers via instant messages
- view company announcements on an interactive billboard
- receive all the information in the palm of their hand
All data collected in the field is time and location stamped, and instantly sent to managers, allowing them to see in real-time where their reps are active.
This immediate insight empowered managers to see beyond the walls of their offices and to keep their fingers’ on the pulse of what was going on in the field.
They use instant messages and billboard announcements to collaborate with mobile employees, and have eliminated the need to make a call just to inform the field rep of some minor changes to the price list.
All this has significantly decreased the overall response time of the field team and increased Lavazzas' field team productivity.
Benefits Realized with Repsly
- Simplified field operations
- Empowered field reps with detailed customer data
- Improved communication between customers and employees
- Accelerated operating speed