Lavazza Company is the world's largest producer of espresso coffee. The company was born in 1895 and has been wholly-owned by the Lavazza family since its foundaiton. With 3800+ employees worldwide, the company is present in more than 90 countries, from Iceland, across the U.S. to Brazil, Australia and India. In 2012, Lavazza coffee sales have exceeded € 1.330,7 billion!
Galaplus Ltd. is official distributor of Lavazza coffee for all of Croatia. Galaplus holds a top spot in espresso coffee sles within the country and has a team of field employees who are covering every facet of servicing this market.
Lavazza's mobile workforce in Croatia have some key responsibilites. These include managing the distribution of the products for thousands of customers throughout the country, providing coffee machine repairs, and educating customers.
All the tasks performed in the field are carried out by a team of specially trained mobile workers whose duties include:
- supply clients with Lavazza products
- introduce all of Lavazza's new products
- deliver and install promotional materials to clients' selling locations
- repair coffee machines
- collect orders from clients
- create photo-repositories
- compile information from the clients
This highly demanding job requires supberb coordination between all team members and continuous communication with the back office managers. Therefore, the precision of the data collected at the points of sale and an open flow of information are the top concerns for every individual involved in this field sales, service, and delivery process.
Given that all the activities completed outside of the office must also be documented on the spot, this created additional workload for every field representative, which was very time consuming the mobile workforce and their managers alike.
With all these task assingments and increasing clients' expectations, Galaplus needed a reliable and foolproof field activity management solution that would meet all of its nieeds, while satisfying managers and their field representatives.
How Repsly Addressed the Challenge
Repsly was able to address all of these concerns and provided Galaplus with an all-encompassing software solution which met all the demands of mobile employees and managers. The solution contains a series of features that enabled mobile workers to automate tasks previously completed manually.
Using the Repsly application installed on their mobile devices, Lavazza's mobile workers now have the ability to:
- easily gather multiple types of orders
- fill out custom forms (prepared by their managers for each task)
- take photos of retail locations
- correspond with their managers via instant messages
- view company announcements on an interactive billboard
- receive all the information in the palm of their hand
All data collected in the field is instantaneously sent to the server, accompanied by their respective GEO position, and visible to the management.
Traceable events empowered managers to see beyond the walls of their offices and to monitor activities occurring in the field in real-time. They use instant messages and billboard announcements to collaborate with mobile employees, and have eliminated the need to make a call just to inform the field rep of some minor changes to the price list. All this has significantly decreased overall response time of the field team and increased Galaplus' field team productivity.
Benefits realized with Repsly
- simplified field operations completely
- significantly improved communication between customers and employees
- accelerated operating speed
- data collected is immediately available and usable