Lavazza company is the world's largest producer of espresso coffee and has been wholly-owned by the Lavazza family since the foundation of the company in 1895. The company currently employs 3800+ people worldwide and is present in more than 90 countries, from Iceland, across the U.S. to Brazil, Australia and India. Lavazza coffee sales in 2012 have exceeded € 1.330,7 billion!
Galaplus Ltd., the official distributor of Lavazza coffee for all of Croatia, holds one of the top positions in the sales of espresso coffee in the country and has a team of field workers who are covering every aspect of servicing this market.
Managing the distribution of the products for thousands of customers throughout the country, providing coffee machine repairs, and educating customers presents a big challenge for all members of Lavazza's mobile workforce in Croatia.
All the tasks performed outside the office are done by a team of specially educated mobile workers who are responsible for a variety of different tasks. Their job is to:
- supply customers with Lavazza coffee products
- present all of Lavazza's new products
- deliver and install promo materials on client's selling locations
- maintain and repair coffee machines
- collect orders from the clients
- create photo-repositories
- collect information from the clients etc.
This highly dynamic job requires excellent coordination between all team members and constant communication with the office managers. Thus the accuracy of the information captured at the points of sale and an unobstructed flow of information are the top priorities for every person involved in this field sales, service, and delivery process.
Given that all the tasks performed in the field must also be documented immediately and on the spot, this represented additional workload for every field rep, which was very time consuming both for these mobile workers and for their managers.
With all these required tasks and clients' expectations increasing every day, Galaplus needed a reliable and well-proven field activity management solution that would fulfill all of these requirements, while meeting the needs of the managers and their field reps.
How Repsly addressed the challenge
Repsly was able to address all of these challenges and offered Galaplus a robust software solution which met all the requirements of mobile workers and managers. The solution contains a set of functionalities that enabled mobile workers to automate tasks previously completed with a pen and paper.
With the Repsly application installed on their mobile devices, Lavazza's field team now have the ability to:
- easily collect multiple types of orders
- fill out custom forms (prepared by their managers for every single task)
- take photos of retail locations
- communicate with their managers via the instant messages,
- read company announcements on an interactive billboard
- have all the information in the palm of their hand
All the data collected in the field is immediately sent to the server, accompanied by their GEO position, and visible to the their management.
Traceable events allowed managers to see beyond the walls of their offices and to monitor events occurring in the field in real time. They use instant messaging and billboard notices to collaborate with mobile workers, and have eliminated the need to pick up the phone just to inform the mobile worker of some minor changes on the price list. All this has significantly reduced overall response time of the field team and increased Galaplus' field team productivity.
Benefits realized with Repsly
- streamlined field operations entirely
- significantly improved communication among customers and employees
- increased operating speed
- data collected is instantly accessible and usable